Worried about Covid-19? Try Oasispark Dental
As Ontario was one of the last provinces to release re-entry to practice guidelines, Dr Martinez and the Oasispark team started preparing the office and the team well in advance, using the guidelines that other provinces and countries already had in effect. This extra time allowed us to order PPEs (Personal Protective Equipment), make modifications to our office, purchase equipment and supplies and train team members. By the time Ontario’s dental governing body released their guidelines, we were already above and beyond and had implemented measures that were not even mandatory. This makes us feel very safe and proud to offer our patients the safest environment possible. Here are some things that we do:
- Double Screening– We screen for COVID-19 symptoms (over the phone and at the time of arrival) as per Public Health Ontario/ Health Canada. We take temperature with a touchless thermometer. Team members are also screened daily.
- Virtual check-in– Upon arrival, you can virtually check in by calling or texting us from your vehicle. We will bring you in once your room and the clinicians are ready for you.
- Arrival– We offer shoe covers and sanitize hands (team members and patients) as soon as you enter the office. Everyone wears a mask.
- Minimize Number of Patients at the Practice– Patients are invited into the building only when the room and the clinicians are ready. Similarly, a patient does not leave the treatment room until we are sure there is a free space for them at the reception desk.
- Teledentistry– Another way to minimize the number of patients inside the practice is by encouraging teledentistry. We have the technology to allow many consultations including emergencies where only prescription is needed to be done without stepping into the office.
- Minimize Personnel in the Practice– At times we split the team into group A and group B so that they do not cross with each other. We keep masks on at all times. We schedule our breaks and lunchtimes to avoid unnecessary contact with each other. Many admin functions are now done by employees working from home.
- Symptoms Follow Up– We ask patients to report to the office if they experience any cold-like symptoms within the next 14 days.
- Protective Barriers– Barriers installed in all rooms and the reception area.
- Enhanced Patient Protection Measures– All team members upgraded their personal protective equipment for non-aerosol and aerosol generating procedures, including respirators, gowns, hats, glasses, face shields, etc. that are changed with every patient.
- IPAC (Infection Prevention and Control)– Our IPAC and sterilization practices are up to the highest standards.
- Designed Aerosol Generating Rooms– We closed the rooms to be used for procedures that generate aerosols and we schedule patients/procedures accordingly
- Pre-Procedural Rinse– We provide all patients with a pre-procedural rinse with 1% hydrogen peroxide and we use HVE for all aerosol-generating procedures.
- HVAC System– We have had our HVAC system assessed to ensure patients and team enter the room only after 100% of the air has been exchanged.