At Oasispark Dental we offer whitening solutions that are both at home and in-office
Oasispark Dental is pleased to offer patients the Philips Zoom teeth whitening treatment.
This is the most up-to-date whitening system available. During one appointment (typically lasting between 45 and 90 minutes), Philips Zoom WhiteSpeed will whiten your teeth up to eight shades brighter. Philips Zoom can also tailor the strength of the treatment to your individual goals. So, if you don’t want your teeth to be extremely white, you are able to whiten a few shades less intense. The following shade guide displays the varying whiteness of teeth.
If you don’t have the time to come in for a dental visit for whitening, we still have you covered. We offer home whitening with Philips Zoom DayWhite and Philips Zoom NiteWhite to deliver whiter teeth in as quick as one to two weeks.
Before undergoing Philips Zoom whitening, a dentist will need to assess your health and oral hygiene practices to determine if you are a candidate and if you will benefit from the treatment. We will discuss which whitening technique will work best for you.
If you are planning to have any other cosmetic dental procedures, such as veneers, crowns, or composite bonding, the dentist may recommend tooth whitening prior to the procedures to ensure a better match between the restoration and your natural tooth colour.
Many patients also do whitening when they remove their braces after orthodontics.
To get the best results you should decide on a whitening method that:
- Is clinically proven to be safe and effective.
- Achieves the longest lasting results.
- Gives you the most naturally brilliant and uniform look.
- Uses a low concentration of active ingredient (hydrogen peroxide).
- Administered by a dentist.
According to Philips’ internal research, no other professional teeth whitening system can help you achieve a bright smile quite like the Philips Zoom Whitening System.
Results may last up to a year, but at Oasispark we will supply you with trays of whitening gel at the end of your regular hygiene treatments so you can continue to maintain the same level of white.
Long-term whitening also depends on many factors such as your personal habits and genetics. Smoking and consuming foods and beverages that stain your teeth will decrease the length of time that teeth whitening results last.
How is it done?
- The dentist may recommend that you complete a hygiene appointment prior to the Zoom whitening procedure to polish the teeth and prepare them for treatment.
- Your whitening begins with a quick preparation to cover the lips and gums and exposing your teeth. The Zoom hydrogen peroxide whitening gel is then applied onto your teeth. This gel works with the Zoom light to penetrate your teeth and break up any stains and discolouration.
- The gel is left on the teeth for just 15 minutes while the light is activated. While this is taking place, you can relax, enjoy the in-chair massage, listen to music, watch TV, read, or just catch up on your sleep.
- The gel is applied for three 15-minute intervals. The total treatment time is 45 minutes. Once the procedure is complete, a sensitivity-reducing fluoride paste-gel is applied to your teeth.