If you consider cosmetic dentistry, you may be wondering, “what is the process like?” Although the procedure is time-consuming, there are many benefits to having dental veneers in Newmarket placed on your teeth.
What are dental veneers in Newmarket?
Dental veneers are thin pieces of porcelain affixed to your teeth’ surface. They are an ideal choice for people looking for a simple, long-lasting improvement to their smile.
The Benefits of Dental Veneers
There are many reasons why people choose to have dental veneers added to their teeth. Generally, the reasons fall under the aesthetic and health benefits.
- They change the colour and shape of your teeth. If you are unhappy with the colour or shape of your teeth, dental veneers are one of the best solutions.
- They help to change the spacing of your teeth. Veneers can help to fill them.
- Dental veneers can fix any cracks in your teeth which prevent further damage.
- Overall, veneers help improve the overall look of your teeth.
If you consider dental veneers, you might wonder what the procedure entails. Your dentist will tailor your treatment plan to meet your specific needs because each case is unique. Generally, here are the steps in a veneer’s procedure.
Your dentist will trim your enamel to match the thickness of the veneer. Afterward, the dentist will take an impression of your tooth and send them to the laboratory. Your veneers will be ready in two to four weeks.
Your dentist will place the veneer on your tooth to examine its fit and colour. To ensure that your veneers bond well, your dentist will clean, etch, and sand your teeth to ensure that your veneers bond well. Afterwards, your cosmetic dentist will apply special cement to the veneer. Lastly, the dentist uses a special light beam to harden the cement after positioning it quickly.
3. Taking a final look
The final step is to remove any excess cement, check your bite, and make any adjustments if necessary. Your dentist may ask you to return for a follow-up in a couple of weeks to check your gums.
It is no doubt that dental veneers can do wonders in transforming your smile. Some people are, however, not permitted to undergo the treatment.
- A patient should have an adequate enamel for the veneers to bond effectively. If you are low on enamel, veneers may not be for you.
- Patients who habitually grind the teeth will not only weaken the enamel but can damage porcelain veneers.
- Despite veneers’ ability to treat mild misalignment, those with crooked teeth due to issues with the formation of the jaw or a severe bite should consider braces or Invisalign instead.
If you consider a smile makeover, dental veneers in Newmarket may be the perfect option. With their ability to correct a wide variety of cosmetic flaws, they can give you the beautiful, confident smile you deserve in just a few short appointments. Contact your dentist in Newmarket today to schedule your consultation.