Fix an Improperly Healed Root Canal with Endodontic Retreatement
Fix An Improperly Healed Root Canal with Endodontic Retreatement
Endodontic Retreatment in Newmarket, ON
Oasispark Dental works hard to create a comfortable environment for our patients—an oasis—where you can relax and feel welcomed, rather than rushed and anxious. If you find yourself facing a possible issue with your teeth, we highly recommend scheduling an appointment as soon as possible.
Ignoring a lingering dental concern will likely cause the matter to get worse. This is even more noteworthy if you have recently had a root canal treatment. Endodontic retreatment (i.e. a root canal retreatment) in Newmarket, ON, is performed on a tooth that has improperly healed or has become infected following an initial root canal treatment.
Contact us today to book a consultation and meet with our highly trained and inviting dental team.
Potential related concerns
While we understand patients’ reservations to have another dental procedure, an unsuccessful root canal treatment can cause severe problems with your teeth if left untreated.
Improper healing following your initial root canal treatment may be caused by:
- Curved or narrow canals that were not treated during the initial treatment
- Complicated canals that went undetected during the initial treatment
- The crown or restoration was not placed onto the initially treated tooth within an appropriate amount of time
- The crown or restoration did not prevent saliva from contaminating the inside of the initially treated tooth
In some cases, there may be potential new problems that arise for your teeth:
- New tooth decay can expose the composite filling material used in the initial root canal treatment, thereby causing infection
- Complicated canals went undetected during the initial treatment
- A cracked or loose filling or crown can expose the tooth to a new infection
How do we do it?
Our friendly and dedicated dental team will strive to ensure you feel relaxed throughout the procedure, so you feel as comfortable as possible while we work to restore your teeth. There are several steps involved in endodontic retreatment, otherwise known as a root canal retreatment:
- Your dentist or endodontist will reopen your tooth up to gain access to the root canal filling material.
- Then, we will remove the filling material to enable access to the root canal.
- We will thoroughly clean the canal and also examine the inside of the problematic tooth.
- Next, we will carefully fill and seal the canal of your tooth with a composite filling material.
- Finally, we will place a crown, composite filling, or other types of dental restoration to restore your tooth’s full structure and function.
At Oasispark Dental, we want you to feel good while visiting the dentist. Do not put off necessary treatment out of fear or anxiety—experience our dental oasis! Please contact us today.