Extractions and Wisdom Tooth Removal
Extractions, Wisdom Teeth, and Surgery in Newmarket, ON
Your teeth can become damaged or chipped, and you may also develop decay that a filling, crown or alternative treatment could not quickly fix. Sometimes, removing one or some of your teeth is necessary to make room for orthodontic treatment.
Most extractions in Newmarket, ON, involve teeth that are visible in the mouth and not hidden under the gums. In these cases, we perform extractions using a local anesthetic and no other drugs.
Occasionally, surgical removal may be required. This treatment may occur when your tooth is not exposed and has not grown above the gum line. In such cases where we need to remove your tooth, but it remains under your gums, we can do surgery. Teeth surgery is a complicated procedure, but there is nothing you have to worry about.
We use a local anesthetic during the procedure to ensure you are comfortable at all times. Visit our dental oasis so we can assess your need for a simple tooth extraction or surgery in Newmarket, ON.
Wisdom Teeth Removal
Wisdom teeth extraction involves removing your last set of molars, which usually emerge sometime in your late teens or in your early 20s. Some individuals are lucky enough that their wisdom teeth grow to become aligned correctly, making removal unnecessary.
However, most people face their wisdom teeth alignment issues and ultimately need a dental professional to extract them. Instead of waiting for your wisdom tooth to grow and affect your teeth’ alignment, you can visit our Newmarket dental office.
Impacted wisdom teeth refer to your wisdom teeth that are growing out unusually under your gums. To avoid your impacted teeth from interfering with the rest of your molars, you need to schedule a wisdom tooth extraction near you. We can check your teeth condition to see if you need four of your wisdom teeth to be extracted or if none at all.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation for your possible wisdom tooth extraction in Newmarket, ON.
How do we do it?
At Oasispark Dental, we will take periodic X-rays to assess your wisdom teeth alignment and monitor their ongoing development. Our team may recommend extracting them early—before problems can even begin to arise.
Early prevention can avoid potential complications of having crooked teeth because of your impacted wisdom teeth. At the same time, your impacted teeth can also still be extracted once they have fully erupted or emerged from your gums.
We take the following steps in extraction:
- If the wisdom teeth are impacted, we will surgically expose them by opening up the overlying gum tissue.
- Once we expose your teeth, or if they have already erupted on their own, you can consider two options:
- We can remove them easily like any other tooth in your mouth.
- We can cut and extract them in fragments, as there may be a considerable amount of the tooth anchored into the surrounding jaw bone.
- After removing your wisdom teeth, we will suture the extraction site using dissolvable stitches and temporarily place gauze to help absorb any bleeding.
- We will arrange a follow-up appointment with you approximately one week after the extraction so our dentists can ensure the sites are healing correctly.
Make an appointment today by calling or emailing our Newmarket dental office.